Businesses Wanted in Pittsburgh
We include a partial list of businesses that TOG has active buyers seeking. If your company fits any criteria on the list below and you are open to possibly selling your business, please contact us HERE or call John at 724-553-1492 for a confidential discussion.
Individuals Presently Seeking Profitable Businesses of These Types
Manufacturing – All Types Most Requested, Numerous Active Buyers
Wholesale Distributors (with at least $2 Million sales) 2nd Most Requested, Numerous Active Buyers
Oil & Gas Industry – Service companies of all types, Distributors, and Producers
Child Care Centers & Preschools
Service Businesses that can provide an Owner an income at least $250,000 per year
Businesses with Recurring Revenue (maintenance contracts, long-term monthly payments, etc.)
Transportation & Delivery
Accounting Firms – >5 Employees
Security Service Firms
Ecommerce – > $1 Million in Sales
Business Service – > $1 Million in Sales
Environmental Service Businesses
Manufacturing – All Types (we have a large database of Buyers in Queue)
Wholesale Distributors (we have a large database of Buyers in Queue)
Wealth Management Companies, all Types
Powdered Metal Manufacturers
Medical Device Manufacturers and Distributors
Laboratories- all Types
Accounting & Legal Firms >$3 Million in Sales
Companies with Their Own Product Lines
Natural Gas Service Companies, >$3 Million in Sales
Private Equity Groups / Institutional Buyers
We are contacted daily from PEGs and the list of businesses sought would include nearly every industry. However, the criteria mentioned by Institutional Buyers are as follows:
- Established business (for at least 3 years)
- EBITDA (Earnings before Interest, Taxes, Depreciation, and Amortization) of at least $1 Million. Each PEG has a minimum, some groups start at $1 Million EBITDA, others start at $2 Million, and larger PEGs start at a minimum of $5 Million.
- Management in Place, translated this means the business can operate without the Owner if the Owner intends to retire, or the Owner is willing to stay and work in the business after a sale. Many Owners desire to stay because they aren’t yet ready to retire but want to fund their nest egg.
- Either no customer >20% of sales or comfort that any large customers will not discontinue purchasing from the business after a sale of the business.
- Growth opportunities are realistic.
- No significant environmental or legal issues exist in the business.
- Financial statements are in good shape.
- Business is not highly cyclical, i.e. sales and profits don’t fluctuate substantially from one year to the next.
We have sold many businesses to PEGs and had thousands of conversations with PEGs over the years. Feel free to call us anytime to determine if your business is a candidate for purchase from a PEG. Where PEGs used to be a last resort for companies (and pay less), that is no longer the situation. In many cases, PEGs will provide a better (more $) situation for a Seller of a business. Call us and get our advice, you have nothing to lose.